REDCap stands for Research Electronic Data Capture and is a secure web application for building and managing online surveys and databases. Without any coding knowledge, you can create intuitive web forms that allow logged-in users to enter new data in a safe way. You can transform such web forms into surveys by making them public.
- Projects with detailed settings and user access rights
- Streamlined development process that guides through development and testing of a project
- Coding-free creation of data capturing forms (so-called instruments)
- Online Designer in real-time
- Offline through so-called data dictionaries (excel sheets that can be uploaded)
- Ensuring data integrity:
- plausibility checks with approval process when updating instruments during data collection phase
- complete audit trail (possible to trace what each user modified in a project)
- Supporting safe and error-free data entry
- Validation rules
- Branching logic
- Surveys with built-in tools to distribute your survey link
- Report generation with built-in descriptive statistics
- Several data export formats
- Advanced features commonly needed in research
- Support of longitudinal studies
- Support of study arms
- Support of randomization
Recommended training resources
Videos available when logged in in REDCap
How to ...
In this section, you find questions from a user's perspective - they will guide you to the information you need.
Surveys - Users, Anonymization, Informed Consent...
- ...ask for consent first
- ...use authentication for a survey
- ...offer prizes (collecting user data) and keep survey data anonymous
Languages in Surveys
- ...create a survey in multiple languages
- ...add multiple languages to a project afterward
- ...create a survey in another language than English
In this section, you find information structured by external modules
In this section, you find information, why something is not working as expected