Guidelines for the operation of the institutional repository ZHAW digitalcollection of the Zurich University of Applied Sciences
For information describing the items in the repository.
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- No metadata re-use policy defined. Assume no rights at all have been granted.
For full-text and other full data items.
- Anyone may access full items free of charge.
- All full items are individually tagged with differing rights permissions and conditions.
For types of document & data set held.
- This is an institutional or departmental repository.
- ZHAW digitalcollection is restricted to:
- Journal articles
- Bibliographic references
- Conference and workshop papers
- Theses and dissertations
- Unpublished reports and working papers
- Books, chapters and sections
- Other special item types
- Special materials: Annotations, reviews, lectures, course material, other textual and non-textual material
- working drafts
- submitted versions (as sent to journals for peer-review)
- accepted versions (author's final peer-reviewed drafts)
- published versions (publisher-created files)
- their version type and date.
- their peer-review status.
- their publication status.
Concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- Items may only be deposited by accredited members, academic staff, and employees of the institution, or their delegated agents.
- Authors may only submit their own work for archiving.
- The administrator only vets items for the eligibility of authors/depositors, relevance to the scope of ZHAW digitalcollection, valid layout & format, and the exclusion of spam
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is checked by internal subject specialists.
- Items can be deposited at any time, but will not be made publicly visible until any publishers' or funders' embargo period has expired.
- Any copyright violations are entirely the responsibility of the authors/depositors.
- If ZHAW digitalcollection receives proof of copyright violation, the relevant item will be removed immediately.
- Items will be retained for at least 5 years from the date of deposition.
- ZHAW digitalcollection will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
- Items will be migrated to new file formats where necessary.
- Journal publishers' rules
- Proven copyright violation or plagiarism
- Legal requirements and proven violations
- There will be links between earlier and later versions, with the most recent version clearly identified.
The ZHAW digitalcollection is operated by the University Library of the Zurich University of Applied Sciences. The contact person for all questions concerning the ZHAW digitalcollection is the Publishing Services team headed by Sabine Friedlein:
ZHAW Zurich University of Applied Sciences
Tel. +41 58 934 68 08